WHEN: February 9, 6:00-8:00 pm
WHERE: Wilson Middle School Library, 1138 Cardenas SE
Facilitators: Sara Mancini & Vanessa Baca from Council Neighborhood Services / Office of Neighborhood Coordination
Also in attendance: Sean Foran from Councilor Davis’ office, Laura Kuehn from APD’s SE Substation (Crime Prevention/Crime Free Programs), Steve Sink with Neighborhood Watch and Andrew DeGarmo, Planner
6:15-7:00 Discussion Groups
7:00-7:30 Report out of ideas from different tables
DISCUSSION TOPICS/BREAKOUT GROUPS
- Table 1: Neighborhood Watch programs – how can you create and grow a neighborhood watch program for your block?
- Table 2: Addressing home security & safety – what steps can you take to make your house safer?
- Table 3: Addressing business security & safety – what steps can you take to make your business safer?
- Table 4: Neighborhood multimodal security & safety – how can we improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists & bus passengers?
Fall Meeting October 18, 2016
Please join us for the semi-annual general PHNA meeting at Whittier Community Center on Tuesday October 18 at 7:00 p.m.
LOTS of Door Prizes will be announced at the end of the meeting.
6:30 – 7:00 Meet and Greet with food and refreshments!
7:00 – 8:30 Meeting and Presentations
- PHNA BusinessSummary of the year’s events, upcoming events and treasury report.
- Whittier Elementary School update with Principal Misty Miller and Vice Principal Miguel Valdez.
- Trish Comer founder and director of neighbor-helping-neighbor grassroots non-profit, North Campus Community Project
- Pat Davis – City Counselor for District 6. Pat will speak on ABQ projects and take questions.
Whittier Community Center is at 1100 Quincy, SE at the intersection of Quincy and Kathryn.
Come relax and enjoy an afternoon concert and potluck with family, friends, and neighbors as the Parkland Hills Neighborhood Association hosts “Music In The Park!”
The event will be held at Eunice Kaloch Park (1201 Quincy SE) from 4 to 7 p.m. and features some of Albuquerque’s top jazz players, including Michael Anthony (guitar), John Bartlit (drums), Steve Figueroa (piano), Randy Jaramillo (trumpet), Rob “Milo” Jaramillo (bass), and Glenn Kostur (sax), Director of Jazz Studies at UNM.
Bring a picnic for yourselves and/or something to share, and a chair or blankets to sit on. PHNA will provide hot dogs and water (first come, first served) as well as a grill for you to use.
Thank you to “Music In The Park!” sponsors Bernalillo County’s Neighborhood Outreach Grant Program and NM Jazz Workshop.
We can’t wait to see you there!